Part of the side humanitarian activities of the joint Moroccan-US exercise “African Lion 2022”, a field surgical hospital has been deployed in the town of Taliouine (Taroudant province). The 18th edition of the African Lion 2022 exercise is held under the High Instructions of His Majesty the King, Supreme Commander and Chief of General Staff of the Royal Armed Forces (FAR). Mobilizing medical teams consisting of doctors and nurses of the FAR and the U.S. Army, this hospital has been operational since June 13, providing medical and surgical services for the benefit of local populations in the region. In a statement to MAP, Colonel Said Semlali of the FAR said that the multidisciplinary health facility mobilizes specialized technical staff and significant logistical resources. The hospital includes two operating rooms and has the equipment necessary for proper functioning, he said. The field hospital, which provides services to the local and neighboring population, is supervised by 151 Moroccan and US medical staff, 110 supporting staff, and 11 social workers of the FAR, who offer services related to education and mother and child health. This health facility has received some 6,800 patients so far. The latter have benefited from over 18,000 medical services, he added, noting that over 132 surgeries have been performed in this field hospital. Launched on Monday at the headquarters of the South Zone in Agadir, “African Lion 2022” is a combined joint exercise held each year by the FAR and the U.S. Armed Forces. This year’s edition (June 20-30) sees the participation of 10 African and international countries, including Morocco and the United States, as well as some 20 military observers from partner countries. The exercise is taking place in the regions of Agadir, Benguerir, Kenitra, Mahbes, Taroudant and Tantan.
- Morocco Earthquake: First Instalment of Financial Aid to Affected Families to Be Paid on October 6-16
- HM King Mohammed VI Receives Several Foreign Ambassadors
- Al Haouz Earthquake: On High Instructions of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, FAR Deploy Two Additional Field Medical-Surgical Hospitals
- Morocco’s Upper House Speaker to Take Part in European Conference of Presidents of Parliament
- Head of Government Holds Meeting As Part of Implementing Royal Letter on Family Code Revision