Ecuador reaffirmed, before the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly in New York, its support for a mutually acceptable political solution to the regional dispute over the Moroccan Sahara, in accordance with Security Council Resolution 2602. The issue of the Moroccan Sahara “requires a mutually acceptable political solution,” in accordance with Resolution 2602 adopted in October 2021 by the Security Council, said the representative of Ecuador at the UN. The Security Council has acted, established and enshrined the Round Table process in all its resolutions since 2018, including 2602. It has also enshrined its format as well as the participants who are Morocco, Algeria, Mauritania and the “polisario”. This same resolution enshrines the pre-eminence of the autonomy initiative as the serious and credible solution to the regional dispute over the Moroccan Sahara.
- Morocco Stresses before ICJ Commitment of HM the King, Chairman of Al-Quds Committee, in Support of Palestinian Cause
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Will Further Strengthen Bilateral Strategic Relations – Spanish Expert –
- Morocco/Spain: Symbiosis Promoting Stability & Regional Development – South African Analyst –
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Consolidates Increasingly Close Relationship between Rabat and Madrid – French Jurist –
- Morocco-Spain Good Neighborliness, ‘Vital Bridge’ between African & European Continents – South African Political Scientist –