Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rachid Talbi Alami, met on Monday in Rabat with president of the Congress of Deputies of Spain, Meritxell Batet Lamaña, on the sidelines of his participation in the meeting of the Bureau and the Enlarged Bureau of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Union for the Mediterranean (PA-UfM), held under the Moroccan presidency. During this meeting, the two parties welcomed the positive results of the meeting of the Bureau and the Enlarged Bureau of the PA-UfM, which was attended by the Moroccan Parliament, the European Parliament, the Spanish Congress of Deputies, the Egyptian House of Representatives and the Turkish, Portuguese and Italian parliaments, said the House of Representatives in a statement. They also expressed their strong desire to inject new momentum into the work of the PA-UpM, as a space for parliamentary dialogue and consultation on issues and challenges facing the Mediterranean region, added the same source. In addition, Talbi Alami and Batet Lamaña highlighted the quality of relations between the legislative institutions of the two countries, stressing the importance of parliamentary diplomacy in the consolidation of ties of rapprochement and cooperation. The two officials also highlighted the role of the Moroccan-Spanish Parliamentary Forum in promoting communication, dialogue and consultation between the two legislative institutions, according to the statement.
- Morocco’s Plea Before ICJ Reflects Kingdom’s Continued Position on Palestinian Cause – Advisor to Palestinian President –
- Morocco’s Plea before ICJ ‘Rehabilitates’ Arab Action in Favor of Palestine – Academic
- Morocco’s Plea to ICJ Enshrines its Honorable Stances Towards Palestinian Cause – Palestinian Expert –
- Morocco-Spain, ‘Model of Reference’ in Terms of North-South Cooperation – Moratinos –
- Morocco Stresses before ICJ Commitment of HM the King, Chairman of Al-Quds Committee, in Support of Palestinian Cause