Djibouti welcomed, before the members of the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly in New York, the autonomy initiative presented by Morocco to end the regional dispute over the Sahara, stressing that this initiative is highlighted in all Security Council resolutions adopted since 2007. In his speech, the representative of Djibouti also called for the resumption of the roundtable process in the same format, in accordance with resolution 2602 adopted by the Security Council in 2021. In this context, he reaffirmed the support of his country to the UN political process aimed at achieving a realistic and pragmatic political solution that is accepted by all parties, while welcoming the efforts of the Personal Envoy of the UN Secretary General for the Sahara, Staffan de Mistura to facilitate the resumption of this process. The diplomat also welcomed the massive investments made in the southern provinces, which have contributed, according to him, to the empowerment of the local population and the improvement of human development indices in the region.
- Spain ”Very Satisfied” with Positive Bilateral Cooperation Momentum with Morocco – FM –
- Morocco, Spain “Completely Satisfied” with Implementation of Bilateral Roadmap – FM –
- Crises in Mediterranean Require Structural Responses Based on Operational Approach – Morocco’s FM –
- First Regional Meeting for Development of Implementation Plan of Arab Strategy to Fight Terrorism Kicks Off in Rabat
- 35th Steering Committee Meeting of 5+5 Defense Initiative Wraps Up in Rabat