The European Union is called to act to counter the terrorist threat posed by the ‘polisario’ separatist militia, which operates in the neighborhood of Europe, warned MEP Tomáš Zdechovský on Tuesday at the European Parliament. The EU must make people understand the danger posed by certain military groups that adopt a terrorist doctrine, which threaten the values of moderation, peace and tolerance that we share with countries on the southern shore of the Mediterranean, especially Morocco,” said the MEP. Morocco, which faces the threat from the Tindouf camps in Algeria, which are a breeding ground for terrorism and jihadism, has our full support,” he said, calling for assisting the Kingdom against groups that threaten the stability of the region. “It is unacceptable for us to support a separatist group [i.e. the ‘polisario’] that destroys the values that Europe has in common with Morocco. It is inadmissible. Europe cannot address an entity that feeds on terrorist doctrines.” ”The stability of the Sahel region and North Africa is essential for the European bloc, hence any party or group that threatens stability or undertakes aggressive acts must be considered terrorist by the EU,” he said. Rabat and Brussels cooperate closely in the security field, especially in the prevention and fight against the terrorist threat, he further noted, urging Algeria, which harbors and finances the ‘polisario’, to fully assume its responsibility in promoting stability in the region. The conference, organized by the European People’s Party (EPP) group on the issue of radicalization and extremism, brought together parliamentarians and security experts who discussed the terrorist threat facing European countries and ways to address it.
- Morocco Stresses before ICJ Commitment of HM the King, Chairman of Al-Quds Committee, in Support of Palestinian Cause
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Will Further Strengthen Bilateral Strategic Relations – Spanish Expert –
- Morocco/Spain: Symbiosis Promoting Stability & Regional Development – South African Analyst –
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Consolidates Increasingly Close Relationship between Rabat and Madrid – French Jurist –
- Morocco-Spain Good Neighborliness, ‘Vital Bridge’ between African & European Continents – South African Political Scientist –