The President of the Republic of Liberia Dr. George Weah, guest of honor of the 14th edition of the MEDays 2022 Forum, expressed on Wednesday in Tangier his full support to the strategic Nigeria-Morocco gas pipeline project that will link the coastal countries of West and North Africa, from the Gulf of Guinea to the shores of the Mediterranean. “Africa needs investment in the health and pharmaceutical sectors and partnerships in the infrastructure and energy sectors,” said Dr. Weah, in a speech during the official opening ceremony of the MEDays Forum, the Amadeus Institute, organizer of the forum, reports in a statement. “Liberia specifically encourages investment in the Nigeria-Morocco gas pipeline. We are convinced that this large-scale energy project will boost economic integration and will benefit all nations involved, offering the possibility of multiplying their industrial potential,” the president of Liberia said. Dr. Weah also called for “more operational and mutually beneficial North-South cooperation momentum that will allow African countries to be more resilient in the face of external shocks,” the same source added. The opening ceremony of the 14th edition of MEDays was marked by the presence of Chakib Alj, President of the General Confederation of Moroccan Business (CGEM), Brahim Fassi Fihri, President of the Amadeus Institute and Omar Moro, President of the Tangier-Tetouan-El Hoceima Regional Council. Placed under the High Patronage of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, the 14th edition of the MEDays Forum is held on November 2-5 in Tangier under the theme “From crisis to crisis: towards a new world order?”.
- His Majesty King Mohammed VI chairs the presentation ceremony of the new green investment program of the OCP Group (2023-2027) and the signing of the relevant protocol agreement between the government and OCP group
- Nigerian Minister Commands HM the King’s Impetus for Africa’s Free Zones Operators
- Rabat Hosts 5th Morocco-India Political Consultations
- Opening of Guatemala’s Consulate in Dakhla Likely to Strengthen Country’s Relations with Morocco – FM
- Republic of Guatemala Opens Consulate General in Dakhla