The Head of Government Aziz Akhannouch hailed, on Tuesday in Rabat, the continued support of the Republic of El Salvador to the Moroccanness of the Sahara and its backing to the autonomy plan, as a realistic, serious and credible solution to this artificial conflict. During a meeting with the Vice President of the Republic of El Salvador, Felix Ulloa, Akhannouch also welcomed El Salvador’s decision to withdraw its recognition of the puppet entity in 2019, the department of the Head of Government said in a statement. He commended the positive interventions of the Salvadoran delegation, during the 77th session of the United Nations General Assembly, noting the contribution of El Salvador to the group supporting Morocco’s territorial integrity during the 51st session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva. The Head of Government also welcomed the momentum of political relations and cooperation between the two countries, recalling the visit to Morocco, three weeks ago, of the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of El Salvador, Juana Alexandra Hill Tinoco, during which she inaugurated her country’s embassy in Rabat. The two parties have also discussed several issues of common interest, including the exchange of experiences and strengthening cooperation in several social, cultural, economic fields, especially in the sectors of agriculture and marine fisheries, said the statement. The meeting, which was attended by the Ambassador of the Republic of El Salvador in Morocco, Ignacio de Cossio Perez de Mendoza, focused on mechanisms for strengthening cooperation between the two countries, in accordance with the messages exchanged between HM King Mohammed VI, may God assist Him, and the President of the Republic of El Salvador, H.E. Nayib Armando Bukele Ortez, on the occasion of the Throne Day and the National Day of El Salvador.
- Spain ”Very Satisfied” with Positive Bilateral Cooperation Momentum with Morocco – FM –
- Morocco, Spain “Completely Satisfied” with Implementation of Bilateral Roadmap – FM –
- Crises in Mediterranean Require Structural Responses Based on Operational Approach – Morocco’s FM –
- First Regional Meeting for Development of Implementation Plan of Arab Strategy to Fight Terrorism Kicks Off in Rabat
- 35th Steering Committee Meeting of 5+5 Defense Initiative Wraps Up in Rabat