Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, Nasser Bourita, held, Thursday in Barcelona, a series of bilateral meetings with his counterparts and heads of delegations from different countries. The talks, held in the presence of Moroccan ambassador to Spain, Karima Benyaich, took place on the sidelines of the 7th Regional Forum of the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM). In this context, Nasser Bourita met with European Commissioner for Neighborhood and Enlargement, Oliver Varhelyi, Secretary General of the UfM, Nasser Kamel, Spanish Minister of Foreign Affairs, José Manuel Albares, Palestinian Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ryad Al Maliki, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Ayman Safadi, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Malta, Ian Borg, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria, Milkov Nikolay, and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Slovenia, Tanja Fajon. On this occasion, Bourita also had exchanges with Luxembourg Minister of Foreign and European Affairs, Jean Asselborn, Portuguese Minister of Foreign Affairs, João Cravinho and Cypriot Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ioannis Kasoulides. Bourita also met with head of the French delegation, Olivier Becht, Minister Delegate to the French Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs, and head of the German delegation, Katja Keul, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs of the German Republic. The talks were an opportunity to review the bilateral cooperation links and to examine the means to further develop them. During the meetings, emphasis was also placed on the special relationship between Morocco and the EU and the leading role of the Kingdom within the UfM, as well as the particular interest of Morocco in strengthening cooperation and partnership with the various countries of the Mediterranean shore.
- Morocco Stresses before ICJ Commitment of HM the King, Chairman of Al-Quds Committee, in Support of Palestinian Cause
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Will Further Strengthen Bilateral Strategic Relations – Spanish Expert –
- Morocco/Spain: Symbiosis Promoting Stability & Regional Development – South African Analyst –
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Consolidates Increasingly Close Relationship between Rabat and Madrid – French Jurist –
- Morocco-Spain Good Neighborliness, ‘Vital Bridge’ between African & European Continents – South African Political Scientist –