The opening of a Consulate General of the Republic of Guatemala in Dakhla is likely to strengthen relations between Guatemala and Rabat, said Thursday, the Guatemalan Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mario Adolfo Búcaro Flores. “The opening by the Republic of Guatemala of a Consulate General in Dakhla is a symbol of our friendship,” said Búcaro Flores in a statement to the press after the opening ceremony of this consulate, the first of a Latin American country in the southern provinces. “This consulate provides an opportunity to further strengthen relations between Guatemala and Morocco, particularly in terms of development of trade and infrastructure, but also in education,” said the head of Guatemalan diplomacy. The inauguration ceremony took place in the presence of the Wali of the region Dakhla-Oued Eddahab, governor of the province of Oued Eddahab, Lamine Benomar and the president of the region, El Khattat Yanja, as well as consuls accredited to Dakhla, officials and local elected officials. This consulate is in addition to the 27 consulates opened in the southern provinces, including 15 in Dakhla and 12 in Laayoune, the objective being to take advantage of the growth and economic development of the region and its openness to the rest of the African continent. Indeed, Morocco, especially the southern provinces, is a natural bridge for cooperation with West Africa and the African continent in general. As part of the excellent relations between Morocco and Guatemala, the visit to the Kingdom of Mario Adolfo Búcaro Flores aims to give a renewed content to the solid partnership between the two countries in accordance with the High Directions of His Majesty King Mohammed VI and His Excellency President Alejandro Eduardo Giammattei Falla.
- Aeronautics: Signing of Industrial Compensation Agreement with American Company Boeing
- German Paper Sheds Light on Money Laundering and Terrorism Scandal Involving ‘Polisario’
- Upper House to Close First Session of 2022-2023 Legislative Year on Tuesday
- Parliament Creates Ad-Hoc Committee in Framework of Reassessing Relations with EP
- Morocco, Strengthened by Clear Guidelines of HM the King, Will Constantly Support Sudan Stability, Territorial Integrity – FM –