Morocco is committed to lasting stability in the Lake Chad Basin region, stressing the importance of continuing to provide the necessary support to the Joint Multinational Force (JFM). Ambassador Mohamed Arrouchi, Permanent Representative of the Kingdom to the African Union (AU) and the UNECA, speaking at a meeting held Monday by video conference of the AU Peace and Security Council (PSC), stressed the importance of continuing to provide the necessary support to the mixed multinational force (MMF). During this AU PSC meeting devoted to the review of the MMF mandate, the Moroccan delegation commended the countries of the Lake Chad Basin which have made encouraging efforts to coordinate their action against Boko Haram terrorists through the MMF, with the support of the African Union and the European Union. It should be recalled that the AU approved the creation of the force on March 3, 2015, and provided for a sub-regional organization, the Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC), to be the civilian body to lead it. The MMF has established a crucial multilateral framework to combat the growing number of Boko Haram terrorists launching attacks across borders. To this end, the Moroccan delegation stressed the importance of continuing to provide the necessary support to the MMF to enable it to consolidate the gains already made and to maintain the positive momentum of this joint effort, enabling the various countries involved to learn from each other, promote the idea of cross-border cooperation, and improve tactical coordination.
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Will Further Strengthen Bilateral Strategic Relations – Spanish Expert –
- Morocco/Spain: Symbiosis Promoting Stability & Regional Development – South African Analyst –
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Consolidates Increasingly Close Relationship between Rabat and Madrid – French Jurist –
- Morocco-Spain Good Neighborliness, ‘Vital Bridge’ between African & European Continents – South African Political Scientist –
- Spanish PM’s Visit to Morocco, New Illustration of Mutual Trust – Cameroonian Expert –