In accordance with the High Instructions of His Majesty the King, Supreme Commander and Chief of General Staff of the Royal Armed Forces, the first meeting of the Follow-up Committee of the Moroccan-Israeli Defense Cooperation was held on January 16-17, 2023 at the Cercle Mess Officiers in Rabat. Co-chaired by Lieutenant General, Inspector General of FAR and Dror Shalom, Director of Political-Military Bureau of Israel’s Ministry of Defense, this meeting discussed the various areas of bilateral military cooperation, including logistics and training as well as the acquisition and modernization of equipment, said a statement by the General Staff of FAR. While welcoming the level of bilateral military cooperation, the two officials agreed to further strengthen this cooperation and expand it to other areas, including intelligence, air defense and electronic warfare, noted the statement, adding that on this occasion, the Inspector General of FAR and Commander of the South Zone stressed that the Moroccan-Israeli military cooperation “carries mutual interests and is based on trust and reciprocal support”. On the sidelines of this gathering, meetings between Moroccan and Israeli officials, both civil and military, also took place at the level of the relevant bodies of the General Staff of FAR. The conclusions of the first meeting of the Follow-up Committee of the Moroccan-Israeli defense cooperation were presented and adopted on January 17, 2023 by both parties.
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts
- 312 Foreign Journalists Reported on Earthquake, While Administrative Deportation of 2 French Nationals Follows Legal Violation, Says Govt Spokesman
- Funeral in Casablanca of Late Aïcha El Khattabi, Daughter of Mohamed Ben Abdelkrim El Khattabi, in Presence of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid