The International Federation of Asian and African Trade Unions (IFAATU) reiterated at its 2nd Conference, held Monday in Casablanca, its full support for the territorial integrity of Morocco and the Kingdom’s full sovereignty over the Moroccan Sahara, calling for banning division, consolidating relations and respecting the sovereignty of States. In the final statement closing the work of this conference, held on January 15 and 16 in Casablanca with the participation of representatives of trade union centers in Africa and Asia under the theme “Challenges facing the trade union action in Asia and Africa,” the participants stressed that the wars and the various conflicts and tensions are a threat to international peace and security. They reaffirmed that the Palestinian issue is a cause of the Ummah, calling for lifting the embargo imposed on Palestinian workers and guaranteeing their rights. The conference called again for ending the occupation and allowing the Palestinians to build their state with Al Quds as its capital. The participants urged, at the end of the conference, governments and states to adopt efficient public policies to cope with the effects of the coronavirus pandemic that has exposed the social, economic and health sector reality, calling on the international community to take effective measures to combat climate change, ensure sustainable development and prioritize renewable energies and green economy to ensure food security and safety and health. They emphasized the importance of supporting technological progress and artificial intelligence to preserve employment opportunities and stability of work. They also urged governments and states to pay attention to foreign workers and to adopt laws guaranteeing their rights and preserving their dignity for a safe and organized migration in accordance with the global pact on migration.
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts
- 312 Foreign Journalists Reported on Earthquake, While Administrative Deportation of 2 French Nationals Follows Legal Violation, Says Govt Spokesman
- Funeral in Casablanca of Late Aïcha El Khattabi, Daughter of Mohamed Ben Abdelkrim El Khattabi, in Presence of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid