Morocco has taken, under the farsighted leadership of HM King Mohammed VI, big steps in the process of strengthening its relations with the African continent, Speaker of the Senate of the Kingdom of Eswatini, Dlamini Lindiwe, said Wednesday in Rabat. In an address at the opening of the 17th session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean (PAM), held on March 1 and 2 in the Moroccan Parliament, Lindiwe cited in this regard Morocco’s return to the African Union in 2017, its application for membership in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) as well as the Moroccan-Nigeria gas pipeline project which reflects the importance of the role played by the Kingdom as a link between Africa and Europe. Lindiwe also hailed the strong ties between the Kingdoms of Morocco and Eswatini, which have been crowned by the signing of cooperation agreements with economic, scientific and cultural dimensions. The Eswatini official also recalled the materials and medical products that Morocco had donated to her country to help it cope with the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, expressing her gratitude to HM the King and the Moroccan people for this initiative “which confirmed the commitment of HM the King to developing joint African action towards the pandemic.” On the other hand, the Speaker of the Senate of Eswatini emphasized the importance of parliamentarians’ role in establishing national development strategies capable of meeting the pressing needs of citizens, calling on legislators to redouble their efforts to improve the living conditions of the people on the socio-economic, environmental and security levels. Participants in the 17th session of the PAM are considering various current issues, on which recommendations and resolutions will be developed through the PAM’s specialized standing committees.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –