At the high-level political meeting of the Proliferation Security Initiative (PSI), which opened on Tuesday in Jeju, Republic of Korea, the United States of America commended Morocco’s role in the fight against the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in Africa. Speaking at the meeting, held from May 30 to June 02, the US Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, Ambassador Bonnie Jenkins, welcomed Morocco’s partnership with the United States of America within the PSI framework, a partnership that will be strengthened by further operational actions aimed at African countries in 2024, making Morocco a model in the WMD non-proliferation. The Jeju meeting will endorse a joint declaration, supported by over 80 countries, including Morocco, calling for enhanced regional and international cooperation in the field of WMD non-proliferation, in the face of the emerging security dynamics that mark the current geopolitical context. Redouane Houssaini, Director of United Nations and International Organizations at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates, led the Moroccan delegation at the meeting, which also included senior officials from the National Defense Administration and the General Directorate of National Security. The Proliferation Security Initiative (PSI) is a voluntary multilateral cooperation framework launched in 2003, of which Morocco is a founding member, to implement the “Interdiction Principles”. It aims to strengthen operational cooperation between the various ministries and national agencies responsible for security, through measures to combat the illicit transport of WMD, their delivery systems and related materials.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –