The Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccan Expatriates Nasser Bourita received, Friday in Rabat, the former Malawian Head of State, Elson Bakili Muluzi, bearer of a message addressed by the President of the Republic of Malawi, Lazarus Chakwera, to HM King Mohammed VI. In a statement to the press following the meeting, the Special Envoy of the President of Malawi praised the excellent relations between his country and Morocco. The former Malawian head of state welcomed the dynamic underway in relations between Malawi and Morocco, saying that an ambassador would be sent “very shortly to represent his country in Rabat.” “Morocco, a growing economy, has solid development potential in Africa, and I think it’s important for us to establish cooperative relations” with the Kingdom, he stressed. Relations between Morocco and Malawi have been developing in all areas since the southern African country withdrew its recognition of the ghostly “sadr”. Moreover, Malawi was one of the first countries to open a Consulate General in Laayoune, in July 2021, an event which inaugurated a new era marked by the strengthening of Morocco-Malawian relations and the development of increased cooperation in all areas of common interest.
- Parliament: Joint Meeting of Finance Committees to Monitor Govt Actions to Address Earthquake Effects
- Under HM the King’s Leadership, Morocco Successfully Managed Quake Impact – Minister –
- Germany Hails Morocco’s ‘Impressive’ Post-Quake Reconstruction Efforts
- 312 Foreign Journalists Reported on Earthquake, While Administrative Deportation of 2 French Nationals Follows Legal Violation, Says Govt Spokesman
- Funeral in Casablanca of Late Aïcha El Khattabi, Daughter of Mohamed Ben Abdelkrim El Khattabi, in Presence of HRH Prince Moulay Rachid