Italian international relations expert Marco Baratto has pointed to the serial failures of the separatists, whose desperate attempts to harm Morocco are going nowhere. In a statement to MAP, on the subject of the Tarascon (France) Court ruling condemning the Confédération Paysanne, a French trade union organization used in the judicial harassment of the Morocco-EU agricultural agreement, the researcher pointed out that this new legal disavowal comes just a few weeks after the setback inflicted by the London Court of Appeal on the “polisario”. Warning against the “unhealthy” and “irresponsible” practices of the separatists, who are fuelling conflicts in the Mediterranean basin and hampering its development, the writer specializing in Mediterranean issues highlighted the Kingdom’s “soft but firm” foreign policy on key national and regional issues, including stability and security. In his view, European countries, including Italy, “must strengthen their ties with Morocco”. “It is necessary to have a secure and stable ally in the region like the Kingdom”, he added. Quoting the former President of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic and ex-President of the European Commission, Romano Prodi, the expert noted that Morocco must occupy “the leading position” in European policy for the Mediterranean.” Baratto added that the autonomy plan proposed by Morocco to settle the artificial conflict over the Moroccan Sahara would be “of remarkable added value for the local populations, for Africa and also for Europe.” On Tuesday, the Tarascon Court issued a ruling against the Confédération Paysanne, which sought to prohibit IDYL, a French company specializing in the marketing of fruit and vegetables from Morocco, including the Southern Provinces, from distributing its products. Instrumentalized by the “polisario” and its relays in France, this French trade union organization was acting for the judicial harassment of the Morocco-EU Agricultural Agreement.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –