The Tarascon court ruling rejecting the Confédération Paysanne’s attempts at judicial harassment of the Morocco-EU agricultural agreement constitutes a new judicial victory for Morocco, consecrating its full sovereignty over its southern provinces, stressed Tunisian political scientist Mohamed Nejib Ouerghi. This decision consolidates the conformity with international legality of the development of natural resources in these provinces, Ouerghi told MAP news agency, noting that this is yet another setback for “the polisario”, coming just a few weeks after the one inflicted by the Court of Appeal in London on the separatists’ supporters in the UK. According to the former CEO of the Tunisian news agency “TAP”, this latest French judicial repudiation merely confirms the truth and confirms Morocco in its rightful position, thereby confirming the legitimacy of the Kingdom’s action in its southern provinces. He explained that the action brought against IDYL, a company specializing in the marketing of fruit and vegetables from Morocco, including the Southern Provinces, “did not convince the judges, and the stratagem concocted some time ago did not work.” Ouerghi noted that IDYL had succeeded in proving that the Confédération Paysanne had no standing to sue, and that the legal action in question was inadmissible because it was time-barred. “For some parties who make no secret of their hostility to Morocco, often resorting to vile and servile political maneuvers whose ins and outs are well known, disavowal is inevitable,” said the Tunisian political scientist. On Tuesday, the Tarascon Court issued a ruling against the Confédération Paysanne, which was seeking to prohibit IDYL, a French company specializing in the marketing of fruit and vegetables from Morocco, including the Southern Provinces, from distributing its products.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –