Switzerland hailed on Thursday the “credible and serious” efforts made by Morocco to reach a “just and lasting” political solution to the Sahara issue. “We reiterate the importance of the credible and serious efforts made by Morocco, which are aimed at a political solution based on compromise”, said the Swiss ambassador to Morocco Guillaume Scheurer, noting that his country encourages all parties “to work in this spirit”. The Swiss diplomat, who was the guest of the 2M TV channel newscast, stressed that “only negotiations will lead to a just, lasting and mutually acceptable political solution” to this regional dispute. Scheurer expressed Switzerland’s support for the efforts of the United Nations and the central role that the organization plays in resolving this issue.
- Heads of State Congratulate HM the King Following National Team’s Qualification to World Cup Quarterfinals
- HM the King Congratulates National Team in Phone Conversation for Historic Qualification to World Cup Quarterfinals
- Lower House Speaker Meets with Dep. Speaker of Uruguayan Senate
- Moroccan Diplomat Considers Morocco-Djibouti Relations’ Future Prospects as ‘Promising’
- London Administrative Court Rejects Petition against Morocco-UK Association Agreement