The Kingdom of Bahrain reiterated, before the United Nations Committee of 24 (C-24), its support for the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Morocco over its Sahara, while welcoming the “serious and credible efforts” of the Kingdom aimed at achieving a political solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue on the basis of the autonomy initiative, which represents “the fair and sustainable solution” to this dispute. “Given its unwavering position of support for Morocco, the Kingdom of Bahrain inaugurated last December a consulate general in the city of Laayoune in the Moroccan Sahara”, said the representative of Bahrain to the C-24 meeting. Bahrain, he added, expresses “its support and solidarity with Morocco for the defense of its sovereignty, its rights, and the safety and security of its territory and of its citizens at the Moroccan crossing point of El Guerguarate within the framework of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Morocco, and with respect for international legality”. The diplomat also praised the efforts made by the UN Secretary-General aimed at reaching a lasting political and compromise-based solution, within the framework of Moroccan sovereignty, for the settlement of this dispute.
- 8th Meeting of Moroccan-Russian Joint Cooperation Commission to take Place in Moscow
- Parliament: Joint Plenary Session on Monday to Present 2022 Draft Finance Bill
- Moroccan Policy of Non-proliferation Based on Principles Respected by the Kingdom with Constancy – Official –
- Errachidia: 4 Individuals Arrested for Alleged Links with International Drug Trafficking Network
- Moroccan Sahara: Cote d’Ivoire Reaffirms its Support for Autonomy Initiative