The United Arab Emirates reaffirmed, before the Committee of 24 of the United Nations, its “full support” for the sovereignty of Morocco over its Sahara, as well as to “all the measures that the Kingdom is undertaking to defend its territorial integrity and protect its citizens”. The Emirates “supports the autonomy initiative within the framework of the sovereignty of Morocco and its territorial integrity, as a solution in accordance with international law, the UN Charter and the resolutions of the General Assembly and the Security Council”, underlined, Monday in New York, the Emirati representative at this meeting. He also welcomed the holding of the two round tables in Geneva in 2018 and 2019, while calling for the continuation of the negotiations launched in 2007 under the aegis of the United Nations. The Emirati diplomat recalled that “as part of the long-standing and strong relations and the strategic partnership which bind the two brotherly countries, the United Arab Emirates has opened a consulate in the city of Laayoune, in the southern provinces of the Kingdom of Morocco, on November 4, 2020.” The Emirates welcomes the initiatives undertaken by Morocco in the area of human rights, as well as its cooperation with the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. “We also welcome the efforts made by Morocco to develop the Moroccan Sahara region and improve economic and social conditions, in particular the launch by His Majesty King Mohammed VI of the New Development Model for the Southern Provinces”, the Emirati diplomat concluded.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –