Minister of Economy, Finance and Administration Reform, Mohamed Benchaaboun, in his capacity as Governor for the Kingdom of Morocco of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), took part in the 30th Annual Meeting of the Bank. On this occasion, the Minister participated in the round table of governors, whose discussions focused mainly on the consequences of the current economic situation, recovery patterns as well as the priority actions of the Bank, said a statement by the ministry. In his address, the minister underlined the responsiveness of the Moroccan government, under the leadership of HM King Mohammed VI, for a rapid relaunch of the Moroccan economy through the deployment of an ambitious recovery plan. He also underlined that the pandemic crisis should in no way diminish or detract from the commitment of economies to tackling the effects of climate change. The Annual Meeting of the EBRD was marked this year by the designation of Morocco to host the next annual meeting of the Bank, from May 10 to 12, 2022 in Marrakech, as well as by the election of the Governor representing the Kingdom of Morocco as Vice-Chairman of the Board of Governors of the EBRD for the 2021-2022 period, the source added. The EBRD was created in April 1991 to foster the transition towards open market-oriented economies and to promote private and entrepreneurial initiative.
- His Majesty King Mohammed VI chairs the presentation ceremony of the new green investment program of the OCP Group (2023-2027) and the signing of the relevant protocol agreement between the government and OCP group
- Nigerian Minister Commands HM the King’s Impetus for Africa’s Free Zones Operators
- Rabat Hosts 5th Morocco-India Political Consultations
- Opening of Guatemala’s Consulate in Dakhla Likely to Strengthen Country’s Relations with Morocco – FM
- Republic of Guatemala Opens Consulate General in Dakhla