The Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Sierra Leone, David Francis, announced on Thursday in Rabat that his country will open a consulate general in Dakhla, in the southern provinces of Morocco. “In view of the distinguished relations between our two countries, Sierra Leone will proceed with the official opening of an embassy in Rabat and a consulate general in Dakhla,” he said during a joint press briefing with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Abroad, Nasser Bourita, at the end of their talks. For Sierra Leone, “the Sahara is a territory under the sovereignty of Morocco,” said Francis. He also highlighted the “special” aspect of the relations between the two countries, driven by the two Heads of State, HM King Mohammed VI and President Julius Maada Bio, who are working to strengthen these credible and long-standing links. For his part, Bourita welcomed the announcement of Sierra Leone to open a consulate general in Dakhla, stressing that through this decision, relations between the two countries are now experiencing a “qualitative leap”. “This is the 25th consular representation to open in the southern provinces of Morocco in recent months”, noted Bourita, adding that “this attests to the continued support at the international level, especially at the African level, to the Moroccanness of the Sahara”. During their meeting, the two parties signed a roadmap for cooperation between Morocco and Sierra-Leone with the aim of consolidating bilateral relations in several areas. The signed document is related to the fields of education and training, technical cooperation, economic promotion and investments and cooperation in the field of security. The roadmap also covers the exchange of official visits.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –