The Socialist Union of Popular Forces (USFP) will maintain its position among the influential parties in the Moroccan political landscape, said, on Wednesday in Tetouan, the party’s First Secretary, Driss Lachgar. Mr. Lachgar noted, in a statement to MAP on the sidelines of his party’s activities in Chefchaouen and Tetouan, that the USFP will strive to develop the Moroccan political landscape, contribute to the promotion of democratic life and work to strengthen elected bodies. In this regard, the socialist politician called on voters in Morocco in general, and in Tetouan in particular, to think carefully before voting, emphasizing “the challenges that Morocco must meet in various vital areas.” In Chefchaouen, Mr. Lachgar highlighted his party’s presentation of young candidates in the communal elections to ensure an effective contribution to the management of local issues and to strengthen its proximity to citizens in order to address public issues. This choice emanates from a desire to inject new blood into the elected councils, he explained, noting that the region is in need of major projets, especially in the tourism sector, that would strengthen the province’s influence, create employment opportunities and support local development. Mr. Lachgar visited Chefchaouen and Tetouan to chair the committee of support for USFP candidates in the September 8 elections. The members of this committee participated in a series of activities in the framework of the election campaign. These activities were held in strict compliance with the COVID-19 preventive mesures.
- Morocco-UAE MoUs Promise Broader Horizons for Fruitful Partnership
- Morocco, UAE Adopt Joint Statement
- PSC-AU: Morocco’s Efforts to Protect Conflict-Affected Children Highlighted in Banjul
- Rabat-Abu Dhabi, Exceptional Bilateral Partnership Driven by Renewed Momentum
- HM the King, UAE President Sign in Abu Dhabi ‘Towards Innovative, Renewed and Consolidated Partnership between Kingdom of Morocco and UAE State’ Declaration