The head of government Aziz Akhannouch stated, Monday, the main commitments of his cabinet for the period 2021-2026, as recorded in the government program. Presenting the highlights of this program, during a joint session of both Houses of Parliament, in accordance with the provisions of Article 88 of the Constitution, Akhannouch said that the definition of these major commitments is part of the application of the principle of accountability and aims to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of the government’s performance. He said that these commitments consist of the creation of at least one million net employment positions over the next five years, increasing the activity rate of women to more than 30% instead of 20% currently, the implementation of comprehensive social protection, the protection and expansion of the middle class, and the creation of socio-economic conditions conducive to the emergence of a middle agricultural class in the rural world. He added that these commitments also include the mobilization of the education system, all components, to place Morocco in the Top 60 of the best countries in the world in this area (contrary to the latest rankings in the majority of global indicators), and the implementation of the official character of the Amazigh language, including through the creation of a special fund endowed with one billion dirhams by 2025. The government, he went on, is committed during the period of its mandate to gradually improve the macroeconomic balances of the Kingdom. Akhannouch also explained that the majority of voters have chosen, during the municipal, regional and legislative elections, to support political parties that have presented ambitious and realistic programs that include specific and quantified measures. He considered that the popular will has shown, through the voter turnout and the results of the polls, that the restoration of confidence in political action inevitably requires the presentation of options and credible social programs that address the real priorities of citizens.
- Moroccan Sahara: Pedro Sánchez Reiterates Spain’s Position Supporting Autonomy Plan
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco, Recognition of Kingdom’s ‘Leading’ Role in Arab World & Africa – Argentine’s Political Scientist –
- Sanchez’s Visit Testifies to Moroccan-Spanish Will to Promote Strategic Partnership – Academic –
- Spanish PM’s Visit to Morocco Reflects ‘Unprecedented’ Momentum of Bilateral Cooperation – Researcher –
- Pedro Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Fosters Evolution of Morocco-Spain Relations – ECOSOCC Presiding Officer –