The Executive Council of the African Union (AU) on Friday night closed its 39th ordinary session held at the headquarters of the pan-African organization in Addis Ababa , with the participation of Morocco. The representatives of the 54 member countries adopted several decisions relating in particular to the reports of the 42nd ordinary session of the AU Permanent Representatives Committee (PRC). Other adopted decisions concerned the operational implementation of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC), the concept note and the roadmap relating to the 2022 theme on nutrition and food security, in addition to the election of two AU commissioners. On Thursday, Morocco had called, during this ordinary session, for the establishment of a solidarity mechanism according to a comprehensive and targeted approach to achieve the fight against malnutrition in the African continent. This solidarity mechanism would be able to respond to the factors of malnutrition that affect health, maternal and child care, the facilitation of services, agriculture and food security, climate change with the phenomena of drought, desertification, flooding and their negative impact on the population. On the same day, the Moroccan delegation also highlighted the active solidarity of Morocco, under the leadership of HM King Mohammed VI, towards African countries, recalling that from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, HM the King launched, in April 2020, the African Heads of State Initiative aimed at strengthening inter-African solidarity and improving health systems.
- Arab League Council Holds Extraordinary Meeting on Terror Attacks against Abu Dhabi
- U.S. NGO Slams Recruitment, Use of Child Soldiers in Tindouf Camps
- Canadian Think Tank Addresses UN over Child Soldiers in Tindouf Camps
- FM Holds Talks with his Malian Counterpart
- Govt. Council: Adoption of Draft Decree on Composition of National Commission for Implementation of Security Council Sanctions on Terrorism, Weapons Proliferation