Saint Lucia expressed, on Monday in New York, its support for the roundtable process on the issue of the Moroccan Sahara. “Saint Lucia continues to express its support for the roundtable process and the discussions that took place (in Geneva) with the participation of Algeria, Morocco, Mauritania and the Polisario”, underlined the representative of Saint Lucia before the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly. He expressed the hope that progress will be made through this political process. Welcoming the efforts of the UN Secretary General aimed at facilitating the political process as well as the appointment of his new Personal Envoy for the Sahara, the diplomat reiterated his country’s support for efforts aimed at achieving a “just and fair” political and mutually acceptable solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue, and this through dialogue between all the parties and in accordance with the relevant resolutions of the Security Council. In this regard, he highlighted Morocco’s commitment to settle this regional dispute, as well as its mobilization in the context of the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic in the southern provinces through broad access to vaccines for local populations.
- Arab League Council Holds Extraordinary Meeting on Terror Attacks against Abu Dhabi
- U.S. NGO Slams Recruitment, Use of Child Soldiers in Tindouf Camps
- Canadian Think Tank Addresses UN over Child Soldiers in Tindouf Camps
- FM Holds Talks with his Malian Counterpart
- Govt. Council: Adoption of Draft Decree on Composition of National Commission for Implementation of Security Council Sanctions on Terrorism, Weapons Proliferation