El Salvador expressed, in New York, its support for Morocco’s efforts aimed at achieving a realistic, pragmatic and lasting political solution to the Sahara issue, in “full respect” of the integrity and sovereignty of the Kingdom. Speaking before the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly, the representative of El Salvador stressed that his country deems the autonomy plan presented by the Kingdom in 2007 as a “viable solution” to the regional dispute over the Moroccan Sahara. The Salvadoran diplomat also reaffirmed his country’s support for the political process carried out under the aegis of the UN Chief. In this regard, he welcomed the appointment of Mr. Staffan de Mistura as Personal Envoy of the UN Secretary-General for the Sahara, while expressing the hope to achieve a “negotiated and mutually acceptable political” solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue.
- Morocco Stresses before ICJ Commitment of HM the King, Chairman of Al-Quds Committee, in Support of Palestinian Cause
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Will Further Strengthen Bilateral Strategic Relations – Spanish Expert –
- Morocco/Spain: Symbiosis Promoting Stability & Regional Development – South African Analyst –
- Sanchez’s Visit to Morocco Consolidates Increasingly Close Relationship between Rabat and Madrid – French Jurist –
- Morocco-Spain Good Neighborliness, ‘Vital Bridge’ between African & European Continents – South African Political Scientist –