Chinese Ambassador to Morocco, Li Changlin, hailed on Wednesday, the existing “good and strategic” relations between Rabat and Beijing, which have experienced a strong boost since the Royal visit to China in 2016. During an interview with the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rachid Talbi Alami, the Chinese diplomat highlighted the development of relations between the two countries in recent years including, economic, industrial, cultural, scientific, and health sectors, welcoming the bilateral cooperation in the light of the Covid-19 pandemic, said a statement from the Lower House. Changlin also reviewed the Moroccan-Chinese parliamentary relations and the achievements made over the mutual visits, recalling the memorandum of understanding signed on September 30, 2021, between the House of Representatives and the National People’s Congress of China. For his part, Talbi Alami highlighted the strategic partnership relations between Morocco and China based on mutual respect for sovereignty and the defense of common interests, welcoming Beijing’s commitment to the territorial integrity of the Kingdom and defense of legitimacy in international forums. The Speaker of the House of Representatives expressed his gratitude to the Chinese Ambassador for his country’s support to Morocco and the active coordination concerning the global health crisis following the Covid-19 pandemic. He also pointed out to the Chinese technical support to the Lower House to implement its strategy of electronic parliament and strengthen its openness to new information and communication technologies and parliamentary digitization.
- HM the King Receives Newly-Appointed Members of Constitutional Court, Appoints its President
- New Colombian Senate Motion Unequivocally Supports Morocco’s Territorial Integrity and Sovereignty
- Morocco’s FM Meets with Under-Secretary-General for UN Peace Operations
- HM the King Calls for International Resolution to Impose Immediate, Sustainable Ceasefire in Gaza
- AU PSC: Morocco Calls for Peace, Security & Development-based Approaches to address Africa’s Challenges