The Executive Council of the African Union began, Wednesday at the headquarters of the pan-African organization in Addis Ababa, the proceedings of its 40th ordinary session with the participation of Morocco, as a prelude to the 35th Summit of the Union scheduled on February 5-6. During this session, the Executive Council will consider the draft agenda, draft decisions and declarations with appropriate recommendations for consideration by the Heads of State and Government at the 35th AU Summit. The Council will also consider the report of the 43rd ordinary session of the Permanent Representatives Committee, the annual report of the Union and its bodies, the reports of the Executive Council Committees and Ad Hoc Committees, the report of the 3rd biannual coordination meeting, the progress report on the Covid-19 pandemic and its socio-economic consequences on African economies, the progress report on the operationalization of Africa CDC, the progress report on the incident at the Pan-African Parliament (PAP) and the progress report on the implementation of previous decisions of the Executive Council and the Conference as well as the examination of draft legal instruments. The Foreign ministers will also adopt the draft agenda of the 35th AU Summit and the decisions of the 40th session of the Executive Council.
- Gov’t Chief: 100 Local Health Centers Rehabilitated in Morocco’s Different Regions
- MFA, INPPLC Sign MoU to Establish Institutional Framework to Prevent, Fight Corruption
- FM Holds Talks with Chilean Senate’s President of Foreign Relations Policy
- FM Sees Presence of So-Called ‘sadr’ in AU as ‘Institutional Obstacle’, ‘Anomaly’
- Morocco, UN Seek Peace, Stability in Libya – UNSG Special Representative