The Institute of Strategic Studies and International Relations (IEERI), a think tank of the Argentinian Congress, has welcomed “the decision of the Spanish government to support the Moroccan autonomy plan for the Sahara”. In a letter sent to Morocco’s ambassador to Argentina, Yassir Fares, the president of IEERI, who is also an Argentinian politician and diplomat, Humberto Roggero, said that “On behalf of the Institute of Strategic Studies and International Relations (IEERI), belonging to the Circle of Legislators of the Argentine Nation (CLNA) and the Honorable Congress of the Nation, we express our most sincere congratulations for the success of the Moroccan diplomacy and the appreciable decisions that have been taken by both the government of your beloved country as well as by the Government of Spain, which allow for the resolution of the issues between the two States”. “In our Institute, we are extremely pleased with the decision of the Spanish government to support the Moroccan autonomy plan for the Sahara. We firmly believe that this is the right way to resolve the conflict, preserve peace within the framework of international law”, the letter noted. The IEERI’s president also stressed that the Spanish decision is “a clear example of how conflicts can be resolved through diplomacy, dialogue and consensus. We hope that this will be repeated in other ongoing conflicts and that agreements, such as the one agreed between Morocco and Spain, can be reached”.
- Morocco, Strengthened by Clear Guidelines of HM the King, Will Constantly Support Sudan Stability, Territorial Integrity – FM –
- Spain’s Ruling Party ‘Satisfied’ with High-Level Meeting with Morocco
- Morocco, Strategic Partner, Is Number One Priority of Spain’s Foreign Policy – Spanish FM –
- Strategic Twinning between Rabat, Madrid, Barrier against Maneuvers to Exacerbate Tensions in Mediterranean Region – Writer-journalist –
- AU PSC’s Adoption of “Tangier Declaration”, Recognition of Morocco’s Relevant Multidimensional Approach – Diplomat –