Morocco reiterated before the Peace and Security Council (PSC) of the African Union (AU) in Addis Ababa the importance of the multidimensional approach to peace, security and development in supporting African countries in political transition. The Ambassador Permanent Representative of the Kingdom to the AU and the UNECA, Mohamed Arrouchi, who spoke at the PSC meeting devoted to the review of the political transition process in Burkina Faso, Chad, Guinea, Mali and Sudan, stressed the imperative of a multidimensional approach focusing on peace, security and development while taking into account the large population of these brotherly countries and the impact on their living conditions, especially young people who make up a quarter of these populations. The diplomat leading the Moroccan delegation stressed the need to explore the best means to support these friendly and brotherly countries in their process of political transition while providing them with the necessary assistance in order to ensure peace and security and promote their development. In this regard, the Moroccan delegation suggested the establishment of an exhaustive diagnosis to determine the political, social and economic reality on the ground so as to allow the adoption of an operational approach oriented towards action. The Moroccan delegation also called for the involvement of other departments of the African Union Commission in charge of the health, infrastructure and education sectors to help these countries at the socio-economical level and secure a solid and lasting political transition.
- Morocco, Strengthened by Clear Guidelines of HM the King, Will Constantly Support Sudan Stability, Territorial Integrity – FM –
- Spain’s Ruling Party ‘Satisfied’ with High-Level Meeting with Morocco
- Morocco, Strategic Partner, Is Number One Priority of Spain’s Foreign Policy – Spanish FM –
- Strategic Twinning between Rabat, Madrid, Barrier against Maneuvers to Exacerbate Tensions in Mediterranean Region – Writer-journalist –
- AU PSC’s Adoption of “Tangier Declaration”, Recognition of Morocco’s Relevant Multidimensional Approach – Diplomat –