The Speaker of the House of Representatives (Lower House), Rachid Talbi Alami, held a series of meetings with the Speakers of Parliaments and heads of delegations that took part in the 11th Conference of Speakers of African National and Regional Parliaments, held on September 1-2, at the seat of the Pan-African Parliament in Midrand, South Africa. The meetings featured officials from Egypt, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Gabon, a statement from the Lower House said. The talks focused on questions concerning the continent from a parliamentary perspective and covered means of consolidating cooperation and mutual coordination and benefiting from experiences while respecting the sovereignty and territorial integrity of African States. The Speaker of the House of Representatives also held a high-level meeting with the President of the Pan-African Parliament (PAP), Fortune Charumbira. The two parties discussed the role of this African institution in the effective translation of the motto “United Africa,” in addition to the means of dealing with the problems of food, health, and economic take-off in the continent from a parliamentary perspective, as well as the management of the post-COVID-19 period. On the same occasion, Talbi Alami shed light on the experience and gains of the Kingdom of Morocco under the wise leadership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI and the ways to benefit from it and to reinforce and institutionalize efficient parliamentary cooperation in this area.
- His Majesty King Mohammed VI chairs the presentation ceremony of the new green investment program of the OCP Group (2023-2027) and the signing of the relevant protocol agreement between the government and OCP group
- Nigerian Minister Commands HM the King’s Impetus for Africa’s Free Zones Operators
- Rabat Hosts 5th Morocco-India Political Consultations
- Opening of Guatemala’s Consulate in Dakhla Likely to Strengthen Country’s Relations with Morocco – FM
- Republic of Guatemala Opens Consulate General in Dakhla