Speaker of the Israeli Parliament (Knesset), Amir Ohana, stressed on Friday in Rabat the need to deepen cooperation with Morocco to include vital areas. During his talks with speaker of the House of Advisors, Enaam Mayara, Ohana stressed the major importance of the decision to resume diplomatic relations with the Kingdom, describing his visit to Morocco, the first of its kind to an Arab and Muslim country, as an “exceptional event”, according to a statement by the House of Advisors. The speaker of the Knesset, who is on an official visit to Morocco, highlighted the pioneering role of HM King Mohammed VI and the Sovereign’s unwavering commitment to achieving peace in the Middle East, recalling HM the King’s clear positions in this regard. Regarding the issue of the Kingdom’s territorial integrity, the Knesset speaker reaffirmed the Moroccan identity of the Sahara, noting that “serious discussions are underway between Israeli officials, which will lead to a decisive and welcome decision for Moroccans in the near future”. For his part, Mayara recalled the dynamism of relations between Morocco and Israel thanks to the efforts of His Majesty the King, stressing that this momentum draws its strength from the historical ties and attachment of the Jewish community of Moroccan origin to the Kingdom. The speaker of the House of Advisors expressed the readiness of the Moroccan Parliament to work with its Israeli counterpart to raise cooperation between the two legislative institutions to the level of shared ambitions and challenges. This meeting was an opportunity for the speaker of the House of Advisors to explain how the upper house operates, its composition and its constitutional powers. Mayara also discussed the new roles and constitutional architecture of the House of Advisors, characterized by greater representation of different political, economic, trade union and territorial sensibilities.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –