Morocco is a ”key partner” of the EU in maintaining peace and security on European territory, the independent Argentine news agency “Alternative Press Agency” (APA) writes on Thursday. Commenting on the information provided by Morocco to France which enabled to outmaneuver a planned attack on a church on Easter Day, APA says that EU countries have become “dependent” on the partnership with Morocco to preserve the security of their citizens. Moroccan-EU cooperation includes several areas related to irregular migratory flows from the sub-Saharan region, activities of transnational organized crime in the Sahel-Saharan zone, and particularly terrorist threats to Western European countries, APA writes. In dismantling the terrorist cell, French external and internal intelligence services (DGSE-DGSI) acted on the basis of information provided by the General Directorate of Territorial Surveillance (DGST) as part of international cooperation mechanisms in the fight against terrorist organizations, the same source recalled. “It would be appropriate for European countries to recognize the importance of Morocco in maintaining peace and security on the continent,” it added. APA stressed that “neither Algeria nor the polisario separatists with their links with jihadist terrorists and countries supporting it, can claim such collaboration with the European Union in these areas.” “Yet, on many occasions, European organizations and governments have tolerated the actions of the polisario and Algeria against Morocco. The time has come for this situation to change,” Alternative Press Agency concluded.
- OIC: FMs Commend Role of Al-Quds Committee in Protecting Holy City
- Arab Parliament Commends HM the King’s Decision to Send Emergency Aid to Palestinian People
- Humanitarian Aid to Palestinians Shows Morocco’s Continued Support for the Palestinian Cause – Newspaper Editor –
- Morocco Reaffirms Support for Palestinians’ Legitimate Rights, Calls for Overcoming Tense Situation that Affects Security and Peace in the Region
- Hosting by Spain of Brahim Ghali: A ‘Disloyal’ Act, an ‘Error that Must be Rectified’ – PAM Secretary General –
African Union Algeria Algiers Antonio Guterres AU autonomy initiative autonomy plan Ban Ki –Moon Brahim Ghali Christopher Ross Consulate General Dakhla DRS EU European Union France Horst Köhler Human Rights Laayoune Mauritania MINURSO Mohamed Abdelaziz Mohammed VI Moroccan Sahara Morocco Nasser Bourita OLAF Polisario Rabat Rabouni SADR Sahara Security Council South Africa Spain Terrorism the leader the so-called brahim ghali Tindouf UN UNHCR United Nations United States USA Western Sahara