The Japanese private press agency “Pan Orient News” has underlined the importance of the project to manufacture the COVID-19 vaccine in Morocco and its great positive impact on the African continent in the fight against the pandemic. This project will allow the Kingdom to achieve “vaccine sovereignty”, by producing 5 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine per month in the short term, before gradually increasing this capacity in the medium term, the Japanese agency points out. This initiative is intended to be a major step that will enable Morocco to develop its industrial and biotechnological capacities, to manufacture different kinds of vaccines and be among the large producers of the COVID-19 vaccine. This project, the source underlines, will also allow the Kingdom to protect its citizens against dangerous epidemics, anticipate future waves of infectious diseases and achieve self-sufficiency in terms of vaccines. This large-scale project will turn Morocco into a credible biotechnology platform at the African level and a major player in health security at the continental level, it says. This big step taken by Morocco consolidates the country’s leadership in the field of the fight against viruses at the continental level, notes the press agency, adding that the Kingdom was the first African country to launch a national COVID-19 vaccination operation in January 2021, and also leads African countries in terms of the number of people vaccinated. The same source also welcomes Morocco’s solidarity with African countries to face the pandemic, noting that the Kingdom has provided emergency aid to nearly twenty countries, and also put its experience available to these nations in the area of the organization of vaccination campaigns.
- Autonomy Initiative is ‘Realistic Solution’ to Artificial Conflict over Moroccan Sahara – Belgian Mayor –
- Moroccan Sahara: Luxembourg Considers Autonomy Plan as ‘Good Basis for Solution Accepted by Parties’ – Joint Statement –
- Morocco, Yemen Sign Cooperation Agreements in Various Fields
- Sahara: Guatemala Reaffirms Support for Morocco’s Autonomy Plan, Territorial Integrity
- Luxembourg Lauds Reforms Carried out by Morocco under HM the King Leadership – Joint Statement –