A Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) delegation made up of 11 members and led by Alberto Ribolla (Italy) will visit Morocco starting from September 6 to 9 to observe the legislative elections. The delegation will meet with the Chairperson of the Moroccan Parliament “Partnership for democracy” delegation to PACE, the Director of the Department in charge of electoral questions at the Ministry of the Interior, representatives of the National Council for Human Rights (CNDH) and the High Authority for Audiovisual Communication (HACA), as well as representatives of the international community, civil society and the media, before observing the ballot on September 8, Council of Europe said in a press release. A member of the Venice Commission – the Council of Europe’s group of independent legal experts – will provide legal support during the visit. A delegation of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe will observe the regional and municipal elections on the same day, the press release concluded.
- UNSG to Hold 3 Meetings on Moroccan Sahara to Renew MINURSO Mandate, Reaffirm Support to Round-Table Process
- Upper House Speaker Meets with Yemeni FM
- Lower House Speaker Meets with Yemeni FM
- Yemeni FM Hails Morocco’s ‘Clear’ Positions in Favor of Yemen’s Legitimate Government
- Moroccans in London Defend Morocco-UK Association Agreement