Portugal on Thursday congratulated Morocco on the smooth conduct of legislative, municipal and regional elections. “Portugal congratulates Morocco on the legislative, regional and local elections which took place yesterday and which were marked by the largest number of voters ever recorded”, underlines the Portuguese ministry of Foreign Affairs on its official accounts on social networks. “We wish the elected representatives of the Moroccan people every success,” added the Portuguese Foreign Ministry. Morocco organized, for the first time in the democratic life of its institutions, three elections in a single day (legislative, municipal and regional) with a voter turnout 50.35% at the national level. The turnout was, as usual, high in the Southern Provinces of the Kingdom where it reached 66.94% in the region of Laayoune-Sakia El Hamra, 63,76% in the region of Guelmim-Oued Noun and 58.30% in the region of Dakhla-Oued Eddahab.
- Tan-Tan: Police Dismantle Illegal Immigration, Human Trafficking Criminal Network
- Government, Education Unions Agreement, ‘Important’ Step Towards New Perspectives of Social Dialogue – Govt. Head –
- Upper House Speaker Praises Level of Cooperation between Morocco, Egypt
- Morocco, ‘Strategic Country’ for Spain – Government –
- Magnitude-4.7 Quake Recorded Off Laayoune Province