The appointed head of government, Aziz Akhannouch, on Monday began his consultations in Rabat for the formation of the new government with a meeting with the secretary general of the Authenticity and Modernity Party (PAM), Abdellatif Ouahbi. Speaking to reporters after this meeting, Ouahbi said he had discussed with Akhannouch the possibility of forming a government coalition, noting that he had received “positive signs” from the president of the National Rally of independent (RNI). He assured that dialogue will continue between the two parties. “We will try to come up with a common vision on the future,” stressed Ouahbi, who said he was convinced “things will go in the right direction”. PAM’s Chief congratulated the President of the RNI for the confidence placed in him by HM the King, while wishing him every success in his mission. PAM, which was in the opposition in the previous legislature, came second in the September 8 parliamentary elections with 86 seats. In a statement made public on Friday, PAM’s political bureau said it is ready to serve the general interest from all positions, and that it did not draw any red lines. HM King Mohammed VI on Friday received, at the Royal Palace in Fez, Aziz Akhannouch whom the Sovereign appointed head of government and tasked him with forming the new government. “We will engage, from today, consultations with the parties, with which we will be in agreement in the future, for the formation of coherent, homogeneous majority with convergent programs,” said Akhannouch in a statement to the press at the end of the audience granted to him by the Sovereign. For his part, Rachid Talbi Alami, member of the political bureau of the RNI, said on Saturday that the appointed head of government will conduct consultations with all the parties which have obtained seats in the Parliament for the formation of a coalition in order to constitute the new government.
- Al Haouz Earthquake: On High Instructions of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, FAR Deploy Two Additional Field Medical-Surgical Hospitals
- Morocco’s Upper House Speaker to Take Part in European Conference of Presidents of Parliament
- Head of Government Holds Meeting As Part of Implementing Royal Letter on Family Code Revision
- Religious Tolerance, a ‘Hallmark’ of Morocco’s History – US State Department –
- Morocco Backs Somalia’s Request for 3-Month Halt to ATMIS Mission Withdrawal