The Sultanate of Oman called on Monday in New York for a political solution to the Moroccan Sahara issue on the basis of the autonomy initiative, which was deemed as “serious and credible” by the Security Council. Speaking to the members of the 4th Committee of the UN General Assembly, the Omani representative stressed that the government of his country underlines the importance of achieving a realistic, pragmatic and compromise-based political solution that can “encourage the parties concerned to continue the dialogue” in favor of strengthening peace and stability in the region. He pointed out in this regard that the autonomy plan presented by Morocco constitutes the “final solution” to this issue, noting that this plan was deemed as “serious and credible” by the Security Council.
- Morocco-UAE Partnership to Become Key Player in Global Economy – Euro-Mediterranean Observatory –
- Government Council Examines Morocco-Portugal Cooperation Agreement on Civil Protection
- Upper House Adopts 2024 Appropriation Bill
- Libyan High Council of State Highly Welcomes Morocco’s Position, Under HM the King’s Leadership, Regarding Libyan Crisis
- Holding Presidential & Legislative Elections in Libya, Key Process to Meet Libyans’ Aspirations – FM –