Algeria’s gas blackmail of the European Union is unacceptable, Czech MEP Tomáš Zdechovský said Monday. “I am very concerned about Algeria’s decision to disrupt the Maghreb-Europe gas pipeline,” he said in a tweet. “This unilateral decision taken in a context of rising energy prices aims to manipulate gas prices. The EU must not give in to this blackmail,” he warned. Algeria announced on Sunday its decision not to renew the agreement on the Maghreb-Europe gas pipeline (GME). The National Office of Hydrocarbons and Mines (ONHYM) and the National Office of Electricity and Drinking Water (ONEP) said in a statement that this decision will have an insignificant immediate impact on the performance of the Moroccan electricity system. Both organizations have indicated that the necessary measures have been taken to ensure the continuity of the country’s power supply.
- Morocco Re-Elected to IMO Council for 2024-2025
- Morocco-UAE: Strategic, Strong & Multidimensional Partnership
- COP28, Morocco’s Participation Sends Strong Message for Integrated Management of Pollutants – Minister –
- HM the King to Pay Official Visit to UAE as of Monday
- Morocco Elected to Host 93rd General Assembly of International Criminal Police Organization, Interpol