The Minister of Health and Social Protection, Khalid Ait Taleb, met on Saturday in Geneva with the Director General of the World Health Organization (WHO), Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, on the sidelines of the 76th session of the World Health Assembly. According to a ministry statement, Ait Taleb hailed, during this meeting, the efforts made by WHO to improve global health, stressing the need to federate efforts for the implementation of public health policies that ensure better preparedness, prevention and risk reduction. The minister also clarified the main projects underway in the Kingdom, in accordance with the High Guidelines of HM King Mohammed VI, which mainly concern the project for the generalization of social protection and the reform of the national health system. For his part, Adhanom Ghebreyesus congratulated Morocco on the efforts made to generalize universal health coverage, expressing his support for the various reforms carried out by the Kingdom in the health sector. The WHO Director-General also stressed the importance of strengthening preparedness and response to health emergencies, drawing lessons from the Covid-19 pandemic, which was an opportunity for social and economic change.
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, Chairs Religious Evening to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- HM the King, Commander of the Faithful, to Chair Religious Evening Wednesday to Commemorate Eid Al-Mawlid Annabaoui
- Morocco To Host AFCON-2025
- Morocco Condemns Terrorist Act Targeting Positions of Bahraini Forces Participating in ‘Decisive Storm and Restore Hope’ Operation on Southern Border of Saudi Arabia – Foreign Ministry –
- Autonomy Initiative, The ‘One and Only’ Solution to Regional Dispute over Moroccan Sahara – Hilale –