The Head of Government, Aziz Akhannouch, said Monday in Riyadh that Morocco welcomes the ambitious goal announced by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to achieve carbon neutrality by 2060. Speaking at the opening of the Green Middle East Initiative summit, Akhannouch, who represented His Majesty King Mohammed VI, stressed that Morocco highly welcomes this initiative as well as the Saudi Green Initiative forum, adding that these two initiatives are part of Saudi Arabia’s efforts to ensure the protection of the environment and the actions undertaken during its presidency of the G20. He explained that these initiatives “clearly reflect Saudi Arabia’s far-sighted leadership vision to address major challenges related to the environment and climate change.” The Head of Government conveyed the greetings of HM King Mohammed VI to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, HM King Salman Bin Abdul Aziz al Saud, and the Saudi Crown Prince, HRH Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, as well as the Sovereign’s wishes of full success in this high-level international meeting, to deepen awareness of contemporary environmental issues and promote sustainable development in the Middle East region. HRH Prince Mohammed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud has announced that his country aims to achieve zero carbon neutrality by 2060. In opening remarks at the Middle East Green Initiative Summit, Crown Prince said that this objective will be achieved through the establishment of an investment fund for carbon circular economy solutions in the region, creating a regional center for climate change and regional carbon capture as well as a storage center.
- Morocco-Israel: Ambassadors of the Two Countries in Mexico City Welcome Progress Made Since Resumption of Relations
- Moroccan Sahara: UN Chief Underlines Need for Dialogue between All Parties, Particularly Algeria – Italian Politician –
- Moroccan Sahara: All UN Security Council Resolutions Confirm Algeria’s ‘Direct Involvement’ – Spanish Political Analyst –
- Moroccan Sahara: Algeria is Obstructing, its Responsibility is Total – Expert –
- HM the King’s Ambassador to Guinea Presents Figurative Copies of his Credentials to Guinean FM