Elements of the Tan-Tan judicial police have dismantled, Wednesday, based on accurate information provided by the services of the Directorate General of Territorial Surveillance (DGST), a criminal network active in the organization of illegal immigration operations and human trafficking. Security operations, carried out as part of this case, have led to the arrest of three individuals involved in the organization of these criminal acts and five others who took part in these offences, in addition to eight would-be immigrants from sub-Saharan African countries, said a statement by the National Police (DGSN). The searches conducted allowed the seizure of two cars with false license plates, a dinghy, a life jacket, six rubber tires, 1.31 kg of chira and four knives of different calibers, in addition to a sum of money suspected to be originated from this criminal activity, the statement added. The suspects involved in this illegal immigration operation (organizers and participants) were taken into custody pending investigation conducted under the supervision of the competent public prosecutor’s office in order to highlight the ramifications of this network nationally and internationally, the statement concluded.
- Gov’t Chief: 100 Local Health Centers Rehabilitated in Morocco’s Different Regions
- MFA, INPPLC Sign MoU to Establish Institutional Framework to Prevent, Fight Corruption
- FM Holds Talks with Chilean Senate’s President of Foreign Relations Policy
- FM Sees Presence of So-Called ‘sadr’ in AU as ‘Institutional Obstacle’, ‘Anomaly’
- Morocco, UN Seek Peace, Stability in Libya – UNSG Special Representative