Director General of ONEE (National Office of Electricity and Drinking Water), Abderrahim El Hafidi, made, Thursday, a technical visit to the site of the solar photovoltaic power plant in Erfoud. According to a statement by ONEE, this initiative is part of the field visits made by El Hafidi to investigate the vast sites conducted by the Office in various regions of the Kingdom. Director general of ONEE noted that despite the health context marked by the Covid-19 pandemic and thanks to the efforts of all stakeholders, the construction of the solar photovoltaic power plant in Erfoud is completed and that the commissioning tests are conclusive. ONEE is currently in the industrial testing phase of the Erfoud end-of-line solar photovoltaic power plant, with a total capacity of 40 MW, one of the 3 end-of-line plants that make up the 120 MW “Noor Tafilalet” solar photovoltaic complex. “The achievement of this ambitious project is part of the implementation of the High Directives of His Majesty King Mohammed VI aiming to give the Kingdom a global leadership position in the field of renewable energy and to uphold its pioneering role in this field of the future,” said ONEE. The solar photovoltaic power plant of Erfoud is located in the municipality of Aarab Sebbah Ziz, about 8 km northwest of the town of Erfoud, on an area of 60 Ha. This plant, whose overall cost is about 379 million dirhams, is funded by the World Bank and the Clean Technology Fund. The overall cost of the “Noor Tafilalet” photovoltaic solar complex is 1,050 million dirhams.
- His Majesty King Mohammed VI chairs the presentation ceremony of the new green investment program of the OCP Group (2023-2027) and the signing of the relevant protocol agreement between the government and OCP group
- Nigerian Minister Commands HM the King’s Impetus for Africa’s Free Zones Operators
- Rabat Hosts 5th Morocco-India Political Consultations
- Opening of Guatemala’s Consulate in Dakhla Likely to Strengthen Country’s Relations with Morocco – FM
- Republic of Guatemala Opens Consulate General in Dakhla